Market Harborough is a desirable area where lots of people live. As a consequence, there are many blocks of flats and homes of multiple occupancy in and around the area. All of these buildings need to be properly managed and maintained to ensure the tenants and landlords are happy and live in a building that meets with the highest standards.
This is where a property management company is going to be a good decision. If you own a block of flats or are the freeholder of a house of multiple occupancy, then you might well be looking for someone who can manage that property for you.
You can simply start by searching for property management Market Harborough to see which companies come up in the search results. If they appear highly on a search engine page, you know their website must be highly relevant to what you are looking for. This means there is more chance of you finding the right kind of company, first time.
You can also go by word of mouth. Good property managers tend to make a name for themselves in the industry, so talk to other people about their agencies and ask what they think about them. Look on forums and read reviews to see what other property freeholders are saying. This is a good indication of the kind of service you will receive.
Here are some of the factors you should consider when looking for property management in Market Harborough:
- What does the company offer? Make sure they can do everything you will need them to do. Some agencies will charge more for carrying out specific services as well.
- Ask for a full breakdown of costs. You should understand everything you will be paying out to the agency. If the costs seem more than their competitors, it could be that they offer a better service than competitors – or it could be that they are overcharging you.
- How long have they been established? A new property agent may be very good, but a well-established agent is going to have a proven track record of successes.
- How trustworthy are they? Read reviews and make sure other property owners have been happy with the service.
All good property managers should offer you a similar level of service as standard. These are some of the services you should expect your agent to carry out:
- Cleaning. They should offer window cleaning, as well as employing a cleaner to keep communal areas clean.
- Heating. The management company should ensure that the boilers are working, receive a regular service and are heating the corridors and communal areas.
- Maintenance. They should carry out routine maintenance to the building and surrounding areas, like the garden, if there is one.
- Repairs. If something goes wrong with the building, your management company should make sure it gets fixed in a timely manner. They should also obtain quotes from their approved contractors to make sure they get value for money.
- Service charge collection. All of the above will be paid for by service charges, so they will need to collect this from landlords.