New front doors can be an aesthetically pleasing addition to a tenant’s home, but it can also be something that is done for safety and security. This is good for the landlord and for the tenant too, ensuring the property will be safe and secure if intruders try to break in. Of course, a new door could still be broken down with a great deal of force, but it is far less likely if there is a strong and resilient door in place. It’s also less likely that someone will try to break in in the first place.
New front doors don’t even have to be a major expense, so it’s something you can do very easily if you are looking out for your tenants’ best interests. You can easily find a range of front entrance doors for very reasonable prices, made out of materials such as fibreglass and composite.
Silvelox is a leading name in garage doors in the UK. They are known for their quality garage doors that are innovative, beautiful and long lasting, bringing real quality to the garage door market. If you’re currently looking for a new door for your garage, then Silvelox garage doors will provide you with plenty of realistic options for your home.
As a manufacturer of garage doors, Silvelox bring real quality to every garage door design. The people behind the brand are passionate about quality garage doors and about design – they use skilful techniques to design and make the garage doors that will be right for their customers. They really know the value of timber and make excellent use of it in their garage door designs. As a company, they have manufactured garage doors in Italy for more than 40 years using traditional methods and achieving flawless results.
So what makes a Silvelox garage door so special? How do they achieve that particular character in each of their garage doors? There are several reasons:
· Traditional carpentry techniques. Silvelox have so many years of garage door manufacturing experience behind them. They use this knowledge to design and manufacture some of the most beautiful garage doors around.
· They understand the value of timber and how to make the most of it. Their timber garage doors achieve the perfect aesthetic and they use quality, strong, sturdy timber.
· They design unique garage doors that are both practical and beautiful. You know your Silvelox garage door will deliver on all fronts, adding character and beauty to the outside of your home, whilst at the same time being strong and sturdy enough to last you for a long time into the future.
Silvelox use particular features on all their garage doors, to achieve the aesthetic and functionality that they are known for. These are some of the unique Silvelox features:
· 80mm thick door panels. This is more thermally efficient and has excellent acoustic properties. Your garage will be quieter and will be a more ambient temperature.
· No tracking inside the doors. This makes them look more attractive from the inside and gives you more usable space.
· Made to measure. Each and every Silvelox garage door is made to measure for your particular garage. It will achieve the perfect fit, making it more airtight. This also means you can have a Silvelox garage door whatever size your garage might be. It doesn’t even matter if the size of the door opening is unusual or non standard.
· High security. These doors use quality locks and steel substructures. There is also a Secur door within the range that will offer European norm EN 1672 standards.
· Counterbalance operation. There are no springs and the door is operated with built in weights, making for smoother operation.
Silvelox will be an excellent investment for your home. Rarely have garage doors been so stylish, and you will be able to enjoy many years of timeless beauty thanks to the quality of the timber and the smooth, unrivalled opening.
Are you looking for a new entrance door? There are probably lots of questions that you are asking yourself about the process and the best types of door to choose. Should you pick a different material? What kind of style should you go for? Is the security good? Should you pick a different colour? Will the door suit your home? There are lots of decisions to be made, and for most homeowners, buying a new front door isn’t a commonplace occurrence, so it’s not usually an area where you’ll have a great deal of experience.
One of the first things to consider is the door material you will go for. There are two main materials you should think about: aluminium and steel. Here is a brief overview of each type to help you make your decision.
Aluminium entrance doors
Aluminium is a popular material, offering excellent soundproofing and very good insulation. The doors themselves are also beautiful, offering a quality finish and the option to incorporate designer elements into the door. You can have triple glazing in the door as well if you would like, helping to maintain a consistent temperature and making it harder to break.
Steel entrance doors
These are usually not as expensive as aluminium entrance doors – they are a mid range product. They will offer you excellent strength and resistance to harsh weather conditions, plus they are highly resistant to break ins due to their strength and security levels. Steel entrance doors are good all rounders within the garage door market.
Choosing the appearance of your door
The appearance of your entrance door is very important and will make a big impression on you and others who are visiting your home. If you are putting in a new entrance door, but you’re not altering any other part of your home, you might be concerned about how well your new front door will blend in with the rest of your property. One way to combat this is to choose an entrance door that matches your garage door. If you aren’t sure that they will match completely, you could also choose to put in a new garage door for a uniform appearance. It will be worth it in terms of having the best aesthetic and making your home look even more beautiful.
You can customise your entrance door in many ways with the glazing and door furniture your choose. Go for one pane of glass, multiple panes of glass, or no glazing at all. The choice is entirely yours. You can select from different door handles in various finishes to complement the rest of your home as well.
If you want to make your home brighter, you can also choose doors with side lights. These are panes of glass that are fitted either side of your front door, letting more light into your hallway. There will be different glazing options available and you can choose the style and type of door/window that suits your own particular type of property.
As a housing agent or property manager, it can be easy to forget that the properties you manage are your tenants’ homes. For you, they are all about logistics and management, but for your tenants, they are their safe place to live, that they are making their own. You need to ensure you respect this and make sure their homes are as secure as they can possibly be.
In order to do this, you need to use high quality doors and windows that lock fully. You also need to carry out any maintenance straight away where security is concerned – some things can wait, but security cannot. Carry out regular inspections of your properties to make sure tenants are looking after them, but also to make sure everything is safe and secure. Make sure your tenants know to come to you if they experience any issues to do with the security of their homes.